Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Art Journal

Christmas
My topic that I randomly picked were Hope and Your favorite holiday. I decided to do my favorite holiday only because, I'm not to sure what could make for Hope. These layers consists of tissue paper, newspaper, acrylic paint, oil pastel, and water color. On the left are representing the presents under the tree, and obviously the Christmas tree is on the right side.

Artist develop Art making skills
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
Yes I learned how to use tissue paper in this way. Such as how to make it stick to the paper, etc. Learned that art can be made with different materials in layers. Lots of layers!!! I think I gained more skill with acrylic paint because, I never used paint that much. However this time I think I nailed it!!!!

Artists communicate through their work
What is the artwork intended to say?
What issues are you examining through your artwork?
How is this art work about who you are or what you like?
My artwork is intended to say that Christmas is my favorite holiday and time of year. And I'm pretty sure it's with a lot of people as well. Some issues I'm just now noticing is that I was going to make ribbons on the presents but I guess I forgot. Making mistakes is the only way to succeed in the future. This artwork is what I like (reasons have already stated in the post).

No comments:

Post a Comment